Ash Wood – Fusion Floating Cork Flooring (13/32″(10.5mm) x 8 1/4″ x 47 1/4″) 16.28 sq.ft per carton
Some of the best vinyl plank flooring is vinyl-cork. Even better when they do not contain vinyl at all. That’s where Fusion Cork floating flooring comes into it’s own. Fusion cork is PVC and phthalates free flooring product.
It does not contain vinyl. The top wear layer is actually a polypropylene product – the same material used to create children’s toys. It is considered inert. Vinyl flooring has run into the phthalates scare. The particular type of off-gassing that doesn’t show up as a VOC (Volatile Organic Compound).
Because Fusion Cork is vinyl-free product, it is free of the problems associated with vinyl. Because of the cork content, it is warm and relatively quiet. Because of the rigid structure of the plank it can incorporate cork underlay – something that many vinyl floors are not allowed to work with. And because it has a wear surface that is polypropylene, it is free of the regular maintenance of our traditional and printed cork floors. It does not require the polyurethane refurbishment of other cork floors.
To seal the seams in splash zones (around the kitchen sink, the dishwasher or in front of an entrance way) a seam sealer can be applied to the edges of those planks directly in contact with water from the sink or snow from winter boots. The easy install and reduced maintenance costs make Fusion Cork flooring a great option in high traffic areas.
- Install Method: Floating (click together)
- Edge Presentation: Square edge
- Applications: At, below and above grade; kitchens; basements
- Wear Layer: Polypropylene Embossed Finish on 3mm cork layer
- Middle Layer: 6mm E1 Grade Moisture Resistant HDF
- Integrated Underlayment: 1.5mm Agglomerated Cork
- Dimensions: 10.5mm x 210mm x 1200mm (13/32″ x 8 1/4″ x 47 1/4″)
- Carton Coverage: 16.28 sf
- Planks per carton: 6
- Weight per box: 25 lbs
- Polypropylene Wear surface (same material found in children’s toys)
- PVC Free
- Phthalates Free
- Vinyl replacement product
- High-wear resistant
- Stain and fade resistant wear layer
- Maintenance: sweep/vacuum; clean with pH neutral floor cleaner acceptable for laminate
- DIY level installation system
- Impact Noise Reduction ISO 140-8 rating 18 dB
- Accepts Cork underlay up to 12mm (1/2”) in thickness (add IIC 66dB to your subfloor – Fusion cork (18dB)+ 1/2″ cork underlayment (48dB) )