Unique patterning and coloring sets this floor apart. One of our only floors set to mimic sand instead of wood. Light, rippled patterning of amber, honey and butter set to mimic sand dunes at dusk. Beautiful subtle movement is the hallmark of this pattern. Long delicate strands of multi-colored cork wind its way through the pattern of this floor. Each plank is unique. Each subtle yet strong in character. Once assembled this floor offers a smooth, continuous, sinuous pattern. There are no “chunks” of cork. We have left that type of patterning to Salami or Autumn Leaves.
Forna has brought out 10mm thick floating floors to help homeowners achieve a cork floor installed over in-floor radiant heat. Our thicker, more luxurious planks make in-floor heating systems unreliable as a form of “whole home” heat. Because of this drawback, we have asked our manufacturer to come up with a thinner plank to accommodate the heat transfer from the radiant heat systems. They have come up with the 10mm plank.
Some key features of this product are:
- Industry-leading UNICLIC® profile
- Insulates against acoustical vibrations and thermal fluctuations
- Warm and comfortable under foot which allows you to save money on heating and cooling bills
- Reduces noise: keep noise from transmitting down through the floor, or up through the ceiling
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Resilient, low slip surface making this an excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Impact resistant
- Naturally resistant to insects, mould, mildew due to anti-microbial prosperities
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – well-beingy alternative to carpet
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring, and replenishable material
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Stain resistant