Install our Silver Birch cork flooring for the taste of the exotic orient. Often mistaken for bamboo, 8mm Silver Birch is a thick cork tiles that imitates narrow strip hardwood. In a traditional cork floor ribbon pattern, Silver Birch incorporates light caramels and warm honey shades peppered by darker browns. Light and airy this floor invokes a restive beauty that will appeal to any taste. Bring the mystique and tranquil beauty of the orient into your home for a bit of calm in modern day living.
Our 8mm thick cork tiles comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Silver Birch glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Silver Birch glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork is best known for its history with wine and office pinboards, but in reality, it is an incredibly green and versatile product. Today, many construction and interior projects are directed by ethical and sustainable initiatives. Aesthetically cork, like hardwood timber floors, has a raw and timeless appeal as it is sourced from nature itself. Cork’s innate renewability is among its finest features as it can be harvested from the outer bark of the cork oak tree (Quercus Suber). This process causes no harm to the tree or environment and leaves the tree to regenerate a new layer of bark. Cork trees, generally found in Mediterranean countries, are slow growing and can live up to 250 years with the harvesting cycle typically occurring every nine years.
Suberin, a waxy substance generated in cork has naturally anti-microbial attributes that combat mould, mildew and liquid invasion. Cork’s anti-static surface eliminates dust and toxin absorption, making it ideal for people with allergies and a material that contributes to cleaner air space. Its soft surface also results in less pressure on people with knee problems or seniors looking for absorption support under their feet.
Cork has been known to last up to 50 years when used in interiors thanks to its resilience to pressure, which makes it very suitable for high traffic areas such as flooring in hallways. Install our Silver Birch glue down tiles today and enjoy.
Some key features of this product are:
- Warm and comfortable under foot which allows you to save money on heating and cooling bills
- Reduces noise: keep noise from transmitting down through the floor, or up through the ceiling
- Impact Sound Reduction 22 dB (tested is 6mm)
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Resilient, low slip surface making this an excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Impact resistant
- Naturally resistant to insects, mould, mildew due to anti-microbial prosperities
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – well-beingy alternative to carpet
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring, and replenishable material
- Easy to clean and maintain and resists scuffs and stains
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Stain resistant
- No VOC emissions
As this is a stained colored product, polyurethane is required after installation.
|1 Coat||2 Coats|
|White Colored Products||X|
|Stained Colored Products||X|
|Glued Down Tiles||X|
|Fusion (Not Required)|