Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option and you’ve got a contender on the best flooring material known to man.
Salami cork brings a chunky organic “raw” appearance our glue down tiles. The block pattern has an easy to work with palette of oranges, browns, ambers and hints of peach. Bright and fresh, the color scheme will lighten any décor. Salami tiles open areas that feels dark or cramped, and are warm and inviting. Perfect for foyer or kitchen where people congregate or play.
Our 8mm cork tile comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Crème Royale Marble glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Crème Royale Marble glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork products come from the bark of the Cork Oak tree, which grows in places with lots of sunlight, low rainfall and high humidity like the Mediterranean region. Because cork essentially comes from the bark of the tree, obtaining it does not destroy the tree so most cork trees live for about 200 years. Harvesting is done by hand by trained porfessionals and is regulated by law. Therefore, cork flooring is perhaps one of Nature’s greenest miracle floors. Made from all natural and renewable ingredients, cork tile are highly versatile, beautiful and sustainable.
It’s well known that cork has a great ‘memory’ or impact resistance. Put a heavy piece of furniture on it and it will dent, but after about 24 hours, most of the dent will have disappeared. The denser the cork, the more cells of suberin, and therefore the better the performance. Even better, caring for cork flooring is easy. Regular dusting and damp mopping is all that’s required to keep it in good shape. As with all flooring, avoid harsh cleaning chemicals and excessive water. If maintained properly, cork flooring should last as long as your home.
Go with our Salami glue down flooring tiles today. You will not only enjoy the beauty of a cork floor but receive all its benefits too.
- Some key features of this product are:
- Warm and comfortable under foot which allows you to save money on heating and cooling bills
- Reduces noise: keep noise from transmitting down through the floor, or up through the ceiling
- Impact Sound Reduction 22 dB (tested is 6mm)
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Resilient, low slip surface making this an excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Impact resistant
- Naturally resistant to insects, mould, mildew due to anti-microbial prosperities
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – well-beingy alternative to carpet
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring, and replenishable material
- Easy to clean and maintain and resists scuffs and stains
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Stain resistant
- No VOC emissions
As this is a stained colored product, polyurethane is required after installation.
1 Coat 2 Coats Kitchen X Living Room X Bedrooms X Dining Rooms X Entrance Way X White Colored Products X Stained Colored Products X Glued Down Tiles X Commercial X Fusion (Not Required)