Cork Board Flooring – 12mm Autumn Ripple Floating 17.44 sq.ft per carton
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in natural insulating and sound attenuation properties, and cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option worthy of attention.
If you’re looking for wood based flooring that brings the lovely warm colors of a perfect autumn into your home then our Autumn Ripple floating cork planks are perfect for you. Autumn Ripple flooring planks come in a rich amber-brown design with strong orange undertones. Rippling patterns of a darker cinnamon bark color augment the appearance of this cork board flooring, giving it multifaceted dimensions. Soothing to the eye, Autumn Ripple cork board flooring is a perfect complement to your décor and one of the easiest to coordinate.
As a floating cork floor, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. Using the Uniclic flooring system, a patented tongue and grove application, Autumn Ripple cork board planks will connect easily, without tools or glue and minimal floor preparation required. No separate underlayment is required since our planks have an integrated low-density sound absorbing cork underlayment. In many cases, you can lay a cork floor directly over your old floor! This flooring is available as 36 x 12 x 1/2inch planks.
A total of 12mm (1/2inch) thick, 6mm of it is total cork, (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) and a 6mm E1 Class High Density Fiberboard center makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market. This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of water-based polyurethane, Autumn Ripple is ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 6 planks per carton, each box can cover 17.44 square feet.
Made in Portugal, Cork is the bark of an oak tree known botanically as quercus suber. The tree is an evergreen that grows only in areas bordering the Mediterranean. Portugal represents approximately 50% of the world’s cork output, Spain accounts for 25% and the remainder comes from Algeria, France, Morocco, Italy and Tunisia. In these times of increased concern for the environment, cork remains the only tree which can regenerate itself after each harvest. The cork bark is stripped off two-thirds of the tree. A thin layer of protective inner bark gives the cork oak its unique ability to survive and regenerate itself after the debarking process. Stripping the bark requires great skill, as the inner bark must not be damaged.
Naturally hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial and anti-fungal, cork brings some outstanding benefits that will help create a better, healthier home for you and your family. Combine to that the fact that our manufacturing process contains no PVCs and no added formaldehydes, and you’ve got a product that is 100% earth-friendly from conception to finished work.
Enhance your home with our Autumn Ripple cork board flooring and be a part of the ‘Green’ movement today.
- Installation Type: Floating Floor (click together)
- Applications: At, below or above grade; kitchens; basements
- Joint System: Uniclic Edge Presentation: Square edge (seamless looking floor)
- Finish: 3 layers of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Wear Layer: 3mm Cork Wear Surface
- Integrated Underlay: 3mm Agglomerated Cork
- Middle Layer: 6mm E1 Class HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
- Total Cork thickness: 6mm (nominal 1/4”)
- Plank Dimensions (metric): 900mm x 300mm x 12mm
- Plank Dimensions (imperial): 35 7/16” x 11 13/16” x ½”
- Square feet/box: 17.44 sf
- Planks per carton: 6
- Weight per box: 28 lbs
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Made in Portugal
- Inherent thermal – save money on heating and cooling bills
- Acoustic insulation, reduce airborne noise, impact resistant
- Impact Sound Reduction 22 dB, Impact Insulation Class, ISO-717-2 (tested is 11mm)
- Absorbs vibrations
- Reduce the sound of footsteps by as much as 53% when compared to laminate.
- Resilient flooring, anti slip properties DIN 51130
- Fire resistant – fire classification EN 13501-1
- Formaldehyde emission EN717-1/2- E1
- Reduce leg pain, hip, back, shoulder, neck and even migraine pain Excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from
- arthritis or joint pain
- Helps allergy sufferers, asthmatics and COPD patience gain back their indoor air quality
- Environmentally friendly
- Naturally antimicrobial properties, hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – healthy alternative to carpet
- 10 years residential wear warranty, and a lifetime structural and joint integrity warranty
- DIBT certificated cork flooring
- CE approved cork flooring
- Safety datasheet
- VOC and formaldehyde test report
- Fast and easy to install (glueless DIY with the Uniclic system)
- The 6mm total cork (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market.
- Excellent “Age in Place” flooring option for those who wish to maintain a healthy home
- Traditional Water Based Polyurethane finish means the finish can be refreshed as it ages
- Easy to repair or replace heavily damaged planks