Tasmanian Burl is the successor to one of our most famous patterns: Rocky Bush. Our clients loved the interplay between the strong gold and amber tones of natural cork coupled with the black tiger striping. Warm tones – in medium depths – made for happy success. We have worked hard with our manufacturer to reproduce the most successful aspects of the Rocky Bush pattern. We called it Tasmanian Burl. This is an homage to the strong amber colour of the Tasmanian Oak found in the Australia and the Island of Tasmania.
The gold highlights make this a light “mid tone”. The range of colours present in the pattern means that Tasmanian Burl can be used beside dozens of different wood species – it can be used as the product that makes all the wood tones in a home “work together”. Instead of adding “another wood colour” it can be used to bring harmony to a space. This is critical when working with partial renovations.
It can be tough enough getting multiple wood products to work together. Tasmanian Burl can make it easier than you ever imagined.
Some key features of this product are:
- Industry-leading UNICLIC® profile
- Insulates against acoustical vibrations and thermal fluctuations
- Warm and comfortable under foot which allows you to save money on heating and cooling bills
- Reduces noise: keep noise from transmitting down through the floor, or up through the ceiling
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Resilient, low slip surface making this an excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Impact resistant
- Naturally resistant to insects, mould, mildew due to anti-microbial prosperities
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – well-beingy alternative to carpet
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring, and replenishable material
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Stain resistant
Gloria Wong –
We installed Forna Cork planks in our complete basement remodel in 2016. Three years later it still looks great. All our friends who sees our basement is taken aback by the beauty and uniqueness of our floor. We have two teenagers in basement and an active lifestyle. We also own a large dog and My dog claws have not any effect on the finish. it was frustrating when my dog scratches my beautiful hardwood floors. It looks like cork floor is better floor for a dog owner.
Lisa cCasey –
This floor came out great. Looks nice. I didn’t have any issues with color variance. I even had to order one more extra box because I made a mistake which was my fault and still had no color variance issue. If I hadn’t ordered the extra box, I would have had under 5% waste easy. It was easy to install. You do need a tap block but compared to other flooring I’ve installed this was on the easier side. Plus, the boards are 1 x 3 so it goes quick.
It’s been solid and comfortable. I installed in our kitchen and Livingroom. I am considering installing in my basement too.