Warranty Information Foran Cork Flooring 11mm, 4mm
Effective November 2011
Please read this text and make sure that you understand it. If you have any questions, please Contact iCork Floor LLC
or by calling us at 1-888-988-2675. We will be happy to assist you.
The following is the Forna Warranty covering our product. This is a limited warranty that extends only to manufacturer’s defects of the Forna product. No other warranty, express or implied, is granted. We will make every attempt to expedite and resolve any issue you have with the Forna product.
FORNA 25 Year Limited Residential Installation Warranty:
FORNA 5 Year Limited Commercially Installed Warranty:
WARNING RADIANT IN-FLOOR HEATING SYSTEMS: Only Hydronic (water) or Forced air systems are covered under the Forna Warranty. Under no circumstances should Forna products be installed over top of electric in-floor radiant heating systems.
- 1. Variations of pattern or shades of cork flooring occur naturally and are not accepted as valid grounds for complaints.
- 2. Fading of Forna cork flooring when exposed to UV light – such as direct or indirect sunlight – is to be expected and is not considered a defect.
- 3. All claims must be verified with digital or printed photographs supplied by the customer. If the photographs are inconclusive, a designated Forna inspector may be sent out to review the product. If the inspector determines the defect is not a manufacturer‘s defect, the customer may be required to pay the entire cost of the inspection.
- 4. The warranty covers the cost of defective materials. Forna reserves the right to choose between issuing replacement material or refunding the cost of the defective planks or tiles. The warranty does not include labour costs associated with removal and/or replacement of the defective product.
- 5. Improperly installed Forna product or Forna product installed in areas deemed inappropriate for Forna products will not be considered defective. This then becomes a complaint or issue with the installer.
- 6. If your installer deems the product defective, STOP installation and call us immediately!
- 7. Installed product is considered accepted by the purchaser and/or the installer and, as such, is not covered under the warranty.
- 8. The installer should not install any board showing visible manufacturer’s or other defects unless s/he is able to hide or trim-off the imperfection to owner’s satisfaction. As the floor is being installed, it should be inspected frequently so that any flaws may be corrected before the entire floor is installed.
“A laid floor is a paid floor.” – Construction business axiom.
FORNA Residential Installation Warranty DOES NOT COVER:
- Problems due to moisture, mildew, alkaline substances or hydrostatic pressure present in the areas where Forna products have been installed.
- Customer dissatisfaction due to improper maintenance or improperly installed product. (See FORNA Installation Guidelines)
- Damage to Forna products due to scratches, gouges, scuffs, punctures, cuts, indentations, burns, accidents, lack of proper furniture rests or any other intentional or unintentional misuse of the Forna products.
- Color variation between samples and/or illustrations and actual product purchased.
- Customer or contractor non-compliance with installation and/or usages as recommended by FORNA. See Installation and Maintenance Guide for the appropriate Forna product.
- Installation over electrical in-floor radiant heating.
- Installation in “Hot” yoga studio. Please contact Forna technical support for advice.
- Staining or discolouration caused by another manufacturer’s products such as carpets, rugs, rug pads, plastic feet, latex products, etc. Colour transfer from metals or unstable fabric dyes is not covered.
Web Site Disclaimer
The contents of this web site are provided “as is“. Although Cork Floor Sales, Cancork Floor Inc. and the manufactures we represent always strive to provide accuracy, the site may contain technical and/or descriptive inaccuracies, typographical and photographical errors and/or out-of-date information. Cork Floor Sales web site information may be updated or changed without notice at any time. Use of the information is therefore at readers own risk. In no event shall Cork Floor Sales be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from or related to the use of this web site. Always consult a certified building contractor for special information concerning your project or situation.