Creme Royale Marble – 5/16″ (8mm) Cork Tiles
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option and you’ve got a contender on the best flooring material known to man.
Love the visual ebb and flow of stone tiles but not the harsh feel underfoot. Breathe easy, as we have a cork based flooring that will accentuate any space in your home without the cold hard feel of stone. Crème Royale Marble, our version of white flooring is created to equal the roll and wash of stone – such as marble or granite. Marked with darker swirls, dimples and knolls, Crème Royale Marble is cork’s variation of a creamy white marble. This subtle geography empowers our white cork bathroom flooring with depths both to the eye and foot can see. Looking to own a marble floor without stone stamp, Crème Royale Marble is your answer.
Our 8mm cork bathroom flooring comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Crème Royale Marble glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Crème Royale Marble glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork is derived from the outer bark of the cork oak trees found in Mediterranean climates like Spain, Portugal, and France. Cork trees grow with ‘zero’ human interference: no pesticides, no irrigation, and no pruning. In Portugal, cork harvesting is highly regulated by the government. Trees aren’t cut down but harvested for the bark, and then only every 9 years (by law). These trees usually stick around for another 170 years or more.
Cork is light and floats on water and is impervious. For many thousands of years, this has been its most evident and most celebrated characteristic. The cell membranes of cork are highly flexible, making it both compressible and elastic. When cork is subjected to strong pressure, the gas in the cells is compressed and considerably reduced in volume. When the pressure is released, the cork immediately recovers its original shape and volume, showing no trace of having been subjected to any appreciable deformation.
The value of cork is further enhanced by its low conductivity of heat, sound and vibration. The presence of suberin renders cork impermeable to both liquids and gases. This endows cork with one of the best insulating capacities, both thermal and acoustic, of any natural substance. Allow our Crème Royale Marble tiles to show you the difference today.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner