Berber 12mm Cork Floating Flooring 17.44 sq.ft per carton
- Installation Type: Floating Floor (click together)
- Applications: At, below or above grade; kitchens; basements
- Joint System: Uniclic Edge Presentation: Square edge (seamless looking floor)
- Finish: 3 layers of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Wear Layer: 3mm Cork Wear Surface
- Integrated Underlay: 3mm Agglomerated Cork
- Middle Layer: 6mm E1 Class HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
- Total Cork thickness: 6mm (nominal 1/4”)
- Plank Dimensions (metric): 900mm x 300mm x 12mm
- Plank Dimensions (imperial): 35 7/16” x 11 13/16” x ½”
- Square feet/box: 17.44 sf
- Planks per carton: 6
- Weight per box: 28 lbs
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Made in Portugal
- Inherent thermal, save money on heating and cooling bills
- Acoustic insulation, reduce airborne noise, impact resistant
- Impact Sound Reduction 12mm – 22 dB IIC, Impact Insulation Class, ISO-717-2 (tested is 11mm)
- Absorbs vibrations
- Reduce the sound of footsteps by as much as 53% when compared to laminate.
- Resilient, anti slip properties DIN 51130
- Fire resistant, fire classification EN 13501-1
- Formaldehyde emission EN717-1/2- E1
- Reduce leg pain, hip, back, shoulder, neck and even migraine pain excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from
- arthritis or joint pain
- Helps allergy sufferers, asthmatics and COPD patience gain back their indoor air quality
- Environmentally friendly
- Naturally antimicrobial properties, hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles, healthy alternative to carpet
- 10 years residential wear warranty, and a lifetime structural and joint integrity warranty
- DIBT certificated cork flooring
- CE approved cork flooring
- Safety datasheet
- VOC and formaldehyde test report
- Fast and easy to install (glueless DIY with the Uniclic system)
- The 6mm total cork (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market.
- Excellent “Age in Place” flooring option for those who wish to maintain a healthy home
- Traditional Water Based Polyurethane finish means the finish can be refreshed as it ages
- Easy to repair or replace heavily damaged planks
- 3 mm Cork Underlayment
- 6 mm Cork Underlayment
- 12 mm Cork Underlayment
- Best water based polyurethane for cork – Loba AT Gallen
- Best water based polyurethane for cork – Loba AT Litre
Traditionally speaking, the term Berber referred to carpet that was light in color with flecks of darker colors in it (usually brown or gray). This was in reference to the style of weaving done by the Berber tribes of North Africa. We’ve taken on the challenge and created our own ‘Berber’ cork flooring pattern sure to capture your attention and style.
Like its namesake our Berber catches the subtle nuances of soft pinks, creams and caramels to give a warm base to the flecks of brown. The entire piece emulates the popular appeal of birch and bamboo trees but at a more compact feel. This tighter pattern reflects well in spacious settings without losing its chic appeal.
Newly available in our 12mm floating floor line, you will not only get a gorgeous design but all the benefits our 12mm flooring is known for. Don’t skimp, take up our Berber floor and bask in the glow that only cork flooring can give.
We are confident in our cork floors, especially the 12mm floating floor line. You can’t do better than serious thermal and sound insulation, but that is not all our floors provide. The structure of cork is such that it is made up of millions upon millions of tightly packed cells, which are filled with air. These air filled cells give cork flooring some pretty unique properties. One of the properties is insulation against noise and temperature changes. If you drop something heavy on a stone floor, you are sure to hear a loud crashing noise, and if the object is made of glass, it is sure to shatter and break. With cork flooring, you won’t hear the impact sound as the cells absorbs the noise. The glass object may well survive too, as those same cells provide cushion instead of an unforgiving hard surface. With a cork floor, cold feet and chilly rooms find a friendlier source of warmth. Naturally warm cork will keep bare feet comfortable and help to maintain ambient room temperatures for longer.
Another benefit of cork is that it is one of the only flooring products on the market that can boast a ‘green’ certification. The cork oak tree is not felled but peeled for its product. This means the each cork tree used does not need to be replanted for as many as three human generations. This ensures that cork springs to the top of the “Renewable Resources” list. The cork bark grows back within 10 years which places it at the top of the “Regenerative Resources” list. Hey what can we say, it’s a short list. Humans need do nothing more than show up with the right tools to the same tree every 10 years and they have a ready to go product.
Now with our Berber design you can create to your heart’s content and share in the wonders of cork flooring. If you are looking for a flooring that handles well and can draw the eye without overwhelming the rest of your décor, Berber will give you the way to do so.