No products in the cart.
Off-White Cork Flooring – 12mm Bleached Birch Floating 17.44 sq.ft per carton
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in natural insulating and sound attenuation properties, and cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option worthy of attention.
Please read this article when you purchase white or dark cork flooring: White Cork Dark Cork and Loba 2K Supra AT
Bleached Birch Off-White cork flooring is a lovely off-white flooring that mimics the natural pattern of birch wood bark. Soft and subtle it would be an excellent addition to a cozy cottage or shabby chic décor as the creamy tones of the off-white finish helps Bleached Birch floors feel comfortable and well loved. Bleached Birch endeavors to give a natural feel to your floor, striving to maintain the raw rustic beauty of a birch forest by taking on a flavor all its own.
As a floating cork floor, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. Using the Uniclic flooring system, a patented tongue and grove application, Bleached Birch off-white cork flooring will connect easily, without tools or glue and minimal floor preparation required. No separate underlayment is required since our planks have an integrated low-density sound absorbing cork underlayment. In many cases, you can lay a cork floor directly over your old floor! This flooring is available as 36 x 12 x 1/2inch planks.
A total of 12mm (1/2inch) thick, 6mm of it is total cork, (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) and a 6mm E1 Class High Density Fiberboard center makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market. This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of water-based polyurethane, Bleached Birch is ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 6 planks per carton, each box can cover 17.44 square feet.
Cork comes from the bark of the Cork Oak tree, which grows in places with lots of sunlight, low rainfall and high humidity. Because cork essentially comes from the bark of the tree, obtaining it does not destroy the tree. One cork oak tree yields 50 harvests over its useful life of 300-500 years. Compare that to most hardwood flooring which requires killing the trees, and only a few floors and you’ll see why cork is one of the most sustainable products available.
A cork floorings natural warmth and pleasant tactile sensations are highly valued. It is extremely pleasant to walk on cork floors due to their warmth and softness. In addition such a floor is very useful, because it has shock absorbing effect, which reduces the backlash to your spine. Cork flooring is resistant to moisture, and has the ability to regain its original shape even after long-term deformation. So you can put furniture on it. Cork is also resistant to fungi and bacteria, which really multiply in wet areas such as bathrooms. Cork flooring is well suited for any room in the house and can be installed below grade, over concrete and even over existing floors. Cork flooring performs very well in basements because its durable, a non-conductor of heat and cold, mildew, rot and mold resistant and it is easy to clean and maintain.
Cork is enjoying a resurgence in popularity today. From television design shows to shelter magazines, cork products are everywhere and ostensibly the “hottest new product” on the market.
- Installation Type: Floating Floor (click together)
- Applications: At, below or above grade; kitchens; basements
- Joint System: Uniclic Edge Presentation: Square edge (seamless looking floor)
- Finish: 3 layers of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Wear Layer: 3mm Cork Wear Surface
- Integrated Underlay: 3mm Agglomerated Cork
- Middle Layer: 6mm E1 Class HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
- Total Cork thickness: 6mm (nominal 1/4”)
- Plank Dimensions (metric): 900mm x 300mm x 12mm
- Plank Dimensions (imperial): 35 7/16” x 11 13/16” x ½”
- Square feet/box: 17.44 sf
- Planks per carton: 6
- Weight per box: 28 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10 years residential wear warranty, and a lifetime structural and joint integrity warranty
- DIBT certificated cork flooring
- CE approved cork flooring
- Safety datasheet
- VOC and formaldehyde test report
- Fast and easy to install (glueless DIY with the Uniclic system)
- The 6mm total cork (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market.
- Excellent “Age in Place” flooring option for those who wish to maintain a healthy home
- Traditional Water Based Polyurethane finish means the finish can be refreshed as it ages
- Easy to repair or replace heavily damaged planks
|Dimensions||36 x 12 x 3 in|