Grey Cork Flooring – 12mm Gray Bamboo 17.44 sq.ft per carton
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in natural insulating and sound attenuation properties, and cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option worthy of attention.
Looking to create an unique space using only cool tones. Or perhaps a subtle floor that calms an overwhelming room. Accentuate it with our Gray Bamboo grey cork flooring. Today’s hottest flooring comes in tones of gray and we’ve provided the perfect flooring accompaniment. This cool grey taupe is coupled with a traditional birch or ribbon pattern to produce Gray Bamboo cork floor. Subtle hints of lilac enhance and seamlessly blend with multiple layering of gray. Add it as a neutral floor or let it stand out and glean compliments galore.
As a floating grey cork flooring, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. Using the Uniclic flooring system, a patented tongue and grove application, Grey Leather cork planks will connect easily, without tools or glue and minimal floor preparation required. No separate underlayment is required since our planks have an integrated low-density sound absorbing cork underlayment. In many cases, you can lay a cork floor directly over your old floor! This flooring is available as 36 x 12 x 1/2inch planks.
A total of 12mm (1/2inch) thick, 6mm of it is total cork, (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) and a 6mm E1 Class High Density Fiberboard center makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market. This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of water-based polyurethane, Gray Leather planks are also ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 6 planks per carton, each box can cover 17.44 square feet.
Cork is one of nature’s truly unique materials. It is incredibly elastic and has a high rate of compression with great structural memory. Able to withstand 50% compression with 95% recovery, this makes cork a perfect flooring choice for home owners with kids or pets. The anti-slip surface of cork allows kids to run with reduced slippage even with water present. And should pet nails become too long, the natural compression/recovery property of cork allows the floor to absorb the pressure of the claw without scuffing.
For the environmentalists, cork offers the ideal solution as a 100% sustainable resource. The oak trees that produces cork are not chopped down, instead only the bark is carefully peeled off to manufacture the cork products. The tree, meanwhile, is left to regenerate. These trees are capable of living an average of 200 years, with laws in place that only allow them to be harvested every 7-9 years, they are also protected against over-harvesting. So unlike paper and fossil fuel, there is no destruction of natural resources just to manufacture cork.
Environmentally friendly, cost effective, attractive and easy to maintain, cork can be the ideal material for your cork wall tiles décor. If you want flooring that is quiet, warm and soft underfoot, as well as being completely renewable and 100% biodegradable, then cork flooring is for you!
- Installation Type: Floating Floor (click together)
- Applications: At, below or above grade; kitchens; basements
- Joint System: Uniclic Edge Presentation: Square edge (seamless looking floor)
- Finish: 3 layers of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Wear Layer: 3mm Cork Wear Surface
- Integrated Underlay: 3mm Agglomerated Cork
- Middle Layer: 6mm E1 Class HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
- Total Cork thickness: 6mm (nominal 1/4”)
- Plank Dimensions (metric): 900mm x 300mm x 12mm
- Plank Dimensions (imperial): 35 7/16” x 11 13/16” x ½”
- Square feet/box: 17.44 sf
- Planks per carton: 6
- Weight per box: 28 lbs
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Made in Portugal
- Inherent thermal, save money on heating and cooling bills
- Acoustic insulation, reduce airborne noise, impact resistant
- Impact Sound Reduction 12mm – 22 dB IIC, Impact Insulation Class, ISO-717-2 (tested is 11mm)
- Absorbs vibrations
- Reduce the sound of footsteps by as much as 53% when compared to laminate.
- Resilient, anti slip properties DIN 51130
- Fire resistant, fire classification EN 13501-1
- Formaldehyde emission EN717-1/2- E1
- Reduce leg pain, hip, back, shoulder, neck and even migraine pain excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from
- arthritis or joint pain
- Helps allergy sufferers, asthmatics and COPD patience gain back their indoor air quality
- Environmentally friendly
- Naturally antimicrobial properties, hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles, healthy alternative to carpet
- 10 years residential wear warranty, and a lifetime structural and joint integrity warranty
- DIBT certificated cork flooring
- CE approved cork flooring
- Safety datasheet
- VOC and formaldehyde test report
- Fast and easy to install (glueless DIY with the Uniclic system)
- The 6mm total cork (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market.
- Excellent “Age in Place” flooring option for those who wish to maintain a healthy home
- Traditional Water Based Polyurethane finish means the finish can be refreshed as it ages
- Easy to repair or replace heavily damaged planks