Logan 1/4″ (6mm) Cork Tiles 22SF/package
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century, bringing with it the textured look of hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is one of the most environmentally friendly flooring options on the market today and you’ve got a flooring material worth more than its weight in gold.
Logan natural cork floor bring a lush balmy appeal to any room. Toasty in appearance, these honey, amber and caramel swirled swatches are individually created from scratch, making each tile a one of a kind. The rich multiple layers of color and movement not only brings out the beauty of our Logan tiles but display unreached fathoms as well. As no two planks/tiles are alike, when laid together your finished floor will embody the surreal movement of water.
Our 6mm natural cork floor comes as 1/4 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, a square-edged design that will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as a single large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Logan glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). Since our 1/4 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork, no separate underlayment is required.
This also makes our cork tiles/planks one of the best sound and thermal insulators. A sheet ranging from 3mm to 12mm in thickness can mute sound by 10-40 decibels. Each Logan glue down tile is prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, and are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 11 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 66 square feet.
Cork is a fully renewable resource harvested by peeling the outer bark off the trunk of cork oak trees. These trees grows mainly in the Mediterranean countries of Portugal, Spain and Tunisia. The harvesting process is done by hand by trained professionals, and no harm is allowed to the trees. As a result cork oaks can live to over 200 years and yield an average of 20 harvests in its life time. Because only the bark is used and the tree is left standing and able to rejuvenate, cork is considered a “green” material.
Cork contains millions of air-filled pockets in every cubic inch, the basis for its cushiony properties. These pockets compress under pressure and regain their shape as the pressure is removed. Because of this cork is elastic and compressible, which makes it very comfortable underfoot and almost impossible to dent. This characteristic which makes cork an ideal surface flooring material is also responsible for its success as an acoustic and thermal insulator. It’s also extremely durable as well as hypoallergenic, anti-microbial and non-toxic. And cork naturally repels insects.
Cork is the perfect environmentally sound flooring choice for flooring. It combines the best of other materials such as hardwood, laminate, ceramic and stone floors into one material to create a product that surpasses all others. Install our Logan glue down tiles for the best results.
- Installation: Glue-down
- Applications: At or Above Grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Profile: Square Edge cork tiles
- Finish: 3 Coats of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: ¼” x 12” x 24”
- Coverage per Package: 22 sf
- Tiles per package: 11
- Packages per carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 66 sf
- Carton weight: 42 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and
Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and AC costs in the hot months
- A natural resistant to pests, mold and mildew and
- Healthy alternative to carpet
- Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner