Desert Arable 25/64″ (10mm) Floating Cork Flooring 20.35 SF/Box
Move into a better wood based flooring that not only withstands the test of time but gives back as good as it gets. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Add to that the fact that it is one of the most sustainable natural resources on the market and you’ve got a winner.
Our Desert Arable flooring pattern presents an organic “raw” swash cork flooring, similar to our Salami pattern, only with a smoother and overall darker palette. A darker wash of mocha, cinnamon, amber and the lightest hints of cream. This arrangement churns within itself to create an amazing pattern full of grace and movement. Complete a tight space with Desert Arable to brighten and cheer, or soften a large space to bring cozy and comfort. Desert Arable will warm and enlighten your décor to create a home that balances old world comfort with modern day chic.
Desert Arable 10mm planks comes as a floating cork floor, in our square-edged design, which will install with a seamless finish, allowing your floor to appear as one large piece. Utilizing the Uniclic flooring system, a patented tongue and grove application, Desert Arable cork board planks will connect easily, without the use of adhesives. No separate underlayment is required since our planks have an integrated low-density sound absorbing cork underlayment. As with most floating floors, you can lay this Cork Board Floor directly over your old floor with minimal preparation. This flooring is available as 11-13/16 inch x 35-7/16 inch planks.
Our Desert Arable floating cork plank has a total of 10mm (3/8 of an inch) of quality construction. 4mm of it is total cork, (3mm top layer + 1mm integrated underlay) and a 6mm E1 Class High Density Fiberboard center. This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of water-based polyurethane, Desert Arable Cork Board Floor will work just as well in areas like the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 7 planks per carton, each box can cover 20.35 square feet.
Cork is known all over the world as an effective bottle stopper for wine and represents one of Portugal’s most valuable export products. As a sustainable resource, only the bark of the cork oak tree is used. A typical tree produces several hundred kilograms of cork at each decadal harvest, and as each tree has a life span numbering upwards of two hundred years this translates to ongoing sustainability.
The innnate characteristics of cork should not be sidelined either. As a natural thermal insulator and sound inhibitor cork is unmatched. Unlike synthetic foam or fiberglass cork leaves no negative impact on the earth, not from its birth to its disposal. Even the manufacturing process of cork flooring is done in a manner to limit its environmental impact. Cork is a wood-based floor that is water resistant and thus can minimize damage that would usually be a result of mold or mildew. Cork even repels insects.
When in need of a material that does more than it takes from the earth, look to cork. As an addition to your home our 10mm Desert Arable flooring is sure to bring positive results and benefits for years to come.
- Installation Type: Floating Click
- Joint System: Licensed Uniclic Flooring
- Square Edge Plank (seamless floor)
- Finish: three layers of Water-based polyurethane from Germany
- Wear Layer: 3mm genuine cork veneer and
cork top layer
- Middle Layer: 6mm E1 Class HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
- Bottom layer: 1mm cork underlayment attached
- Dimensions: 10mm x 11-13/16 in x 35-7/16 in
- Sq. Ft. Per Box: 20.35 sqft
- Planks per carton: 7
- Weight per box: 32 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- Inherent thermal, save money on heating and cooling bills
- Acoustic insulation, reduce airborne noise, impact resistant
- Impact Sound Reduction 19 dB IIC, Impact Insulation Class, ISO-717-2 (tested is 11mm)
- Absorbs vibrations
- Reduce the sound of footsteps by as much as 53% when compared to laminate.
- Resilient, anti slip properties DIN 51130
- Fire resistant, fire classification EN 13501-1
- Formaldehyde emission EN717-1/2- E1
- Reduce leg pain, hip, back, shoulder, neck and even migraine pain excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from
- arthritis or joint pain
- Helps allergy sufferers, asthmatics and COPD patience gain back their indoor air quality
- Environmentally friendly
- Naturally antimicrobial properties, hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles, healthy alternative to carpet
- 10 years residential wear warranty, and a lifetime structural and joint integrity warranty
- DIBT certificated cork flooring
- CE approved cork flooring
- Safety datasheet
- VOC and formaldehyde test report
- Fast and easy to install (glueless DIY with the Uniclic system)
- Excellent “Age in Place” flooring option for those who wish to maintain a healthy home
- Traditional Water Based Polyurethane finish means the finish can be refreshed as it ages
- Easy to repair or replace heavily damaged planks