Thick Cork Tile – Autumn Ripple 5/16″ (8mm) Cork Tiles 18 sq.ft per package
Special Materials Required: Glue down flooring tiles require the use of Wakol D3540 cork adhesive and enough Loba 2K polyurethane to achieve two (2) coats of finish.
Autumn Ripple thick cork tile is one of Forna’s most popular colors; we sell thousands of square feet of this pattern every year. So it seemed only logical to produce it in our new 8mm glue-down tile. You still get all the wonderful strong ambers and deep honey colors that you have grown to love, but now in this fantastic new thickness. More cork means more warmth and comfort
Bring the lovely warmth of autumn into your home as a floor with our Autumn Ripple glued down tiles. Autumn Ripple tiles/planks comes in a pattern flowing with deep honey amber and terra browns splashes, underscored with a strong orange. Rippling eddies of a darker cinnamon bark color augment the appearance of this cork board flooring, shoring up its complexity. Both cooling and warm, this soothing, Autumn Ripple cork board flooring is a perfect touch to revitalize or serene your decor.
Our 8mm thick cork tile comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Autumn Ripple glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Autumn Ripple glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork’s innate renewability is considered its finest feature as the material used to create cork flooring is only harvested from the outer bark of the cork oak tree (Quercus Suber). This hightly regulated process is done without causing harm and leaving the tree to regenerate. Cork trees, generally found in Mediterranean countries, are slow growing and can live up to 250 years with the harvesting cycle typically occurring every nine years.
Cork flooring is naturally decorative and a modern alternative to traditional flooring. Besides being decorative, cork floors are also functional. A cork floor provides great cushion and standing support as its very cellular structure is made of 50% air. Each cubic centimeter of cork’s honeycomb structure contains between 30 and 40 million cells. This also helps to make cork one of the best when it comes to a shock and sound absorbent material, able to mute and reduce impact or noise transfer by up to 10 decibels per 3mm of thickness.
If you’re all about buying right the first time around, tranquil silence, simple and straightforward installation and immense beauty, you’re definitely a good candidate for our Autumn Ripple cork glue down tiles.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner