No products in the cart.
Salami 6mm Cork Tiles 22sq.ft per package
Special Materials Required: Glue down flooring tiles require the use of Wakol D3540 cork adhesive and enough Loba 2K polyurethane to achieve two (2) coats of finish.
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century, bringing with it the textured look of hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is one of the most environmentally friendly flooring options on the market today and you’ve got a flooring material worth more than its weight in gold.
The Salami cork pattern brings a chunky ‘organic’ appeal to our glue down tiles. The ‘big’ block pattern is noted for its gorgeous palette of oranges, browns, ambers and hints of peach. Bright and fresh, the color scheme will compliment and warm a décor looking for the love of a bucolic summer’s day. Salami tiles will open areas that feel dark or cramped, and make them warm and inviting. Soft underfoot this floor is ideal in a kitchen where people congregate or play.
Our 6mm cork bathroom floor glue down tiles comes as 1/4 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, a square-edged design that will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as a single large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Salami glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). Since our 1/4 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork, no separate underlayment is required.
This also makes our cork tiles/planks one of the best sound and thermal insulators. A sheet ranging from 3mm to 12mm in thickness can mute sound by 10-40 decibels. Each Salami glue down tile is prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, and are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 11 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 66 square feet.
Bring the natural beauty of the forest to your interior designs with this unmatched organic decor. Cork bathroom floor tiles are made from the bark of cork oak trees— durable, sound-dampening, and temperature-insulating for use in homes and commercial spaces alike. Cork can earn points toward ‘Green’ certification for its renewable and biodegradable properties. Today there is more of a focus on choosing home building products that are known for being eco-friendly. The reason that this choice is so green is that it comes from tree bark that naturally replenishes itself. So you can get the materials without having to cut down or damage the tree. A cork tree that has its bark harvested every nine years will absorb up to five times as much CO2 than a similar tree that is left idle. There is also no worry about green house gas emissions because these are farmed in a natural way that is also eco-friendly.
Additionally cork is a great solution for people who suffer from allergies. A cork floor is hypo allergenic and will help you to keep allergens under control in your home. Suberin, the natural waxy substance in cork repels many different allergens like mildew and mold and is resistant to liquid absorption.
In a home where ‘green’ has become a major institution cork will join the brigade and make its mark. Go with our Salami glue down tiles today and live the difference
- Installation: Glue-down
- Applications: At or Above Grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Profile: Square Edge cork tiles
- Finish: 3 Coats of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: ¼” x 12” x 24”
- Coverage per Package: 22 sf
- Tiles per package: 11
- Packages per carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 66 sf
- Carton weight: 42 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and
Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and AC costs in the hot months
- A natural resistant to pests, mold and mildew and
- Healthy alternative to carpet
- Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner