No products in the cart.
Modern Bathroom Flooring Walnut Burlwood Tiles 8mm 18 sq.ft per package
Special Materials Required: Glue down flooring tiles require the use of Wakol D3540 cork adhesive and enough Loba 2K polyurethane to achieve two (2) coats of finish.
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option and you’ve got a contender on the best flooring material known to man.
Bring forth the drama without going completely black. Our Walnut Burl modern bathroom flooring cork floor tiles blend a beautiful wash of dark shades to create a “deep” mid-tone flooring. Several hues of color exist within the depths of our Walnut Burl planks, as a blend of walnut, tobacco, acacia, and espresso give this pattern its richness and depth. The design comes natural, the flow guarantying that no two piece is exactly alike. As a darker, but neutral flooring the tone-on-tone colors will cool a room that may be too open but wishes to maintain calm.
Our 8mm cork glue down tiles comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Walnut Burl glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Walnut Burl glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork is derived from the Quercus Suber, a species of the oak tree in the Mediterranean primarily from Spain and Portugal. The cork oak tree is remarkable renewable resource as its bark can be harvested every 9 years without cause of any damage to the tree’s existence, or that of the environment. The majority of cork that is harvested is reserved to make bottle stoppers for the wine industry around the world accounting for around 60% of the market share. It is the waist that is where the cork engineered flooring industry comes from. This makes cork an excellent green building material to use in the home.
Cork’s structure is comprised of millions of air pockets, basically 50% of cork is actually air. The cellular structure of cork makes cork tile a natural insulator. Not only will these green floors be warm under foot they also absorb sound. Although it is more commonly used as a natural flooring material, it’s structure also makes this material ideal for walls and ceilings. Suberin, the waxy, natural substance found in cork plays another natural role in corks resistance to mould and mildew. Cork flooring is anti microbial and has been proven to be insect resistant as well.
Let our Walnut Burlwood modern bathroom flooring cork show you it’s the best option.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner