Black Cork Flooring – Jet Black 8mm 18 sq.ft per package
Special Materials Required: Glue down flooring tiles require the use of Wakol D3540 cork adhesive and enough Loba 2K polyurethane to achieve two (2) coats of finish.
If you are looking for a floor to make a statement, look no further than our new 8mm Jet Black glue-down tile. This stunning cork flooring is the blackest floor we have been about to produce to date.
Black Cork Flooring – Jet Black 8mm
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option and you’ve got a contender on the best flooring material known to man.
Pitted and pocked like concrete, this solid black cork tile will emulate the appearance of concrete but bring home the comfort and feel cork is known for. A flat matte black design the veneer sits nicely upon the cork but still manages a 3D visual effect. Our Jet Black pattern is destined for any home itching to scream dramatic. Use Jet Black cork flooring to pull focus in a space that just feels to large.
Our 8mm cork glue down tiles comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Jet Black glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Jet Black glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork is made from the bark of the cork oak tree. It is a natural material, that is 100% sustainable and recyclable, extracted from cork oaks without harming the normal development of the species and without damaging the tree. In essence no cork tree is cut down to provide the material needed. So a cork tree that has an average lifespan of 150 years can put out 8 to 15 harvests.
Cork has some pretty impressive characteristics that will bring beneficial aspects to your home. Cork can be compressed to around half its thickness without losing any flexibility. Once decompressed cork can recover its initial shape and volume. This flexibility is a result of the airtight cells making up cork’s cellular structure, containing a gas mixture similar to air. It is able to adapt to variations in temperature and pressure due to this elasticity.
The 40 million cells in each cubic centimeter of cork works as a decibel absorber/insulator, making it an excellent sound and vibration inhibitor. This same molecular structure allows it to act as a thermal barrier, holding heat and retain it for a long period of time. So with cork flooring you’ve got a thermal and sound insulation material on top of a softer, more comfortable flooring to walk on.
If you are looking for a floor to make a statement, look no further than Jet Black glue-down tiles. This stunning cork flooring is the blackest floor in our product line and is sure to please. Visit us today.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner