Floating Cork Floor – 12mm Forna Silver Birch 17.44 sq.ft per carton
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in natural insulating and sound attenuation properties, and cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option worthy of attention.
Silver Birch cork flooring is cork at its best. Often mistaken for bamboo, Silver Birch is a cork floor that mimics narrow strip hardwood. A traditional cork floor ribbon pattern, the Silver Birch pattern is light and airy and warm to look upon. Invoking the restive beauty of an exotic Eastern retreat, this design lends itself to traditional and modern tastes alike. Incorporate it into any décor to create the mystery and mystique of the orient smack dab in the rush and race of modern day living. The beauty of this cork floor is undeniable.
As a floating cork floor, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. Using the Uniclic flooring system, a patented tongue and grove application, Silver Birch cork planks will connect easily, without tools or glue and minimal floor preparation required. No separate underlayment is required since our planks have an integrated low-density sound absorbing cork underlayment. In many cases, you can lay a cork floor directly over your old floor! This flooring is available as 36 x 12 x 1/2inch planks.
A total of 12mm (1/2inch) thick, 6mm of it is total cork, (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) and a 6mm E1 Class High Density Fiberboard center makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market. This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of water-based polyurethane, Silver Birch is ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 6 planks per carton, each box can cover 17.44 square feet.
Eco-friendly design has become the movement as we move further into the 21st century, which means the selection of ‘green’ flooring materials continues to increase and become more stylish. When it comes to choosing any type of flooring, many homeowners are investing in cork, a unique and eco-conscious material that lends a warm and unique look equally suited to modern or traditional spaces.
Made from the naturally shed bark of the cork oak, cork is a highly renewable resource as the actually tree is left alive and well. Not only is it good for the ecosystem at large, cork is great for a home’s environment as well. It is resistant to mold and mildew, making it one of the most hypoallergenic flooring options available. Cork is filled with air cells that make it naturally spongy and soft underfoot. Being a resilient type of flooring, cork offers many benefits that other floors don’t offer. For example, cork flooring works like memory foam, apply pressure and cork will compress then return to its original shape. Should you drop a glass on a floating cork floor the glass might break, maybe not, but you will not have an unsightly ding in your floor like you would with hardwood flooring.
Invest in our Silver Birch cork flooring today and enjoy all the benefits it will bring.
- Installation Type: Floating Floor (click together)
- Applications: At, below or above grade; kitchens; basements
- Joint System: Uniclic Edge Presentation: Square edge (seamless looking floor)
- Finish: 3 layers of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Wear Layer: 3mm Cork Wear Surface
- Integrated Underlay: 3mm Agglomerated Cork
- Middle Layer: 6mm E1 Class HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
- Total Cork thickness: 6mm (nominal 1/4”)
- Plank Dimensions (metric): 900mm x 300mm x 12mm
- Plank Dimensions (imperial): 35 7/16” x 11 13/16” x ½”
- Square feet/box: 17.44 sf
- Planks per carton: 6
- Weight per box: 28 lbs
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Made in Portugal
- Inherent thermal, save money on heating and cooling bills
- Acoustic insulation, reduce airborne noise, impact resistant
- Impact Sound Reduction 12mm – 22 dB IIC, Impact Insulation Class, ISO-717-2 (tested is 11mm)
- Absorbs vibrations
- Reduce the sound of footsteps by as much as 53% when compared to laminate.
- Resilient, anti slip properties DIN 51130
- Fire resistant, fire classification EN 13501-1
- Formaldehyde emission EN717-1/2- E1
- Reduce leg pain, hip, back, shoulder, neck and even migraine pain excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from
- arthritis or joint pain
- Helps allergy sufferers, asthmatics and COPD patience gain back their indoor air quality
- Environmentally friendly
- Naturally antimicrobial properties, hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles, healthy alternative to carpet
- 10 years residential wear warranty, and a lifetime structural and joint integrity warranty
- DIBT certificated cork flooring
- CE approved cork flooring
- Safety datasheet
- VOC and formaldehyde test report
- Fast and easy to install (glueless DIY with the Uniclic system)
- The 6mm total cork (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market.
- Excellent “Age in Place” flooring option for those who wish to maintain a healthy home
- Traditional Water Based Polyurethane finish means the finish can be refreshed as it ages
- Easy to repair or replace heavily damaged planks