No products in the cart.
Modern Cork Flooring – Bleached Birch 8mm Tiles
Our 8mm Bleached Birch glue-down tile is fantastic. Just like all colours and stains found in our Birch Collection it features the same linear pattern with delicate ribbons of tan and grays running throughout.
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option and you’ve got a contender on the best flooring material known to man.
Ever walk through a birch tree forest. We’ve brought the beauty of one right to your home. A lovely off-white flooring, Bleached Birch modern cork flooring mimic the natural pattern of birch wood bark. The creamy tones are enhanced with touches of gray and light slate for depth. This soft and subtle flooring fits right well into a shabby chic décor. Bleached Birch will bring the soft but rustic appeal to your home.
Our 8mm modern cork flooring comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Bleached Birch glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Bleached Birch glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork floors are made from the bark of the cork tree which is also used to make wine corks. The cork oak primarily grows in the Western Mediterranean countries. This tree has the unique trait of being able to shed its outer bark every 9 or 10 years and grow a new layer after the previous one is harvested. All this is done without any harm to the tree and thus, it is a renewable and sustainable resource.
The natural insulation of cork flooring is because of its honeycomb like cellular structure that contains 50 percent air. So, you feel warm as soon as you step on it. Also, cork floor acts as a good sound absorber for homes. Being a soft flooring material with resilient properties, it is resistant to common scratches and breakage. It tends to absorb shock accompanied with fallen objects, and retains its original texture within a short time. In its natural state, cork contains a useful, wax like substance. Suberin is found to be of great help in offering water resistance to cork tile flooring and therefore repels unwanted attacks of mold, mildew, bacteria, bugs, termites and insects. Simply put, cork floor rarely causes allergies. Hence, natural cork flooring makes an excellent choice for hypersensitive people.
Go with our Bleached Birch flooring for a eco-friendly, warm, and durable floor that not only adds to the aesthetics of a house but also makes it cozy and comforting.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner