No products in the cart.
WALNUT BURLWOOD 12mm Cork Floating Flooring Uniclic 17.44 sq.ft per box
Drama without total darkness, Walnut Burlwood cork floor planks will blend beautifully with any décor as a “deep” mid-tone flooring. Several hues of color exist within the depths of our Walnut Burlwood planks, a blend of walnut, tobacco, acacia, and espresso are bound with tiger stripes to give this pattern its richness and depth. The design itself is conceived natural and moves of its own accord to guarantee that no two piece is exactly alike. This “cool” neutral flooring works tone-on-tone colors to help balance out a living space.
As a Cork Floor Planks, this square-edged finish will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as a large single unit. Using the Uniclic flooring system, a patented tongue and grove application, Walnut Burlwood cork planks will connect easily, without tools or glue and minimal floor preparation required. No separate underlayment is required since our planks have an integrated low-density sound absorbing cork underlayment. In many cases, you can lay a cork floor directly over your old floor! This flooring is available as 36 X 12 x 1/2inch planks.
A total of 12mm thick, 6mm of it is total cork, (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) and a 6mm E1 Class High Density Fiberboard center makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market. This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of water-based polyurethane, Walnut Burlwood is ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 6 planks per carton, each box can cover 17.44 square feet.
The cork used in cork floors comes from the bark of the cork oak, which is grown in the Mediterranean Basin, in countries like Portugal, Spain, and Italy. Cork bark can be harvested from a tree every nine years, during the months when the trees are in a dormant state. Cork is harvested on a sustainable basis and the stripping process of the bark does not damage the trees at all. This is guaranteed as the industry is controlled strictly by the government. The bark grows back completely, taking on a smoother texture after each harvest. These trees can live for 150-200 years allowing a cork oak tree to be safely harvested up to 20 times during its life cycle, making cork a truly inexhaustible natural resource. Cork oak trees cannot be felled or removed without government authorization, which is rarely granted.
Welcome this amazing product into your home with our Walnut Burlwood flooring and enjoy the benefits it brings. Sound and thermal insulation as well as a soft cushy surface that is warm underfoot. Cork and cork floors are becoming a popular choice as a renewable resource in a more environmentally conscious world. Join the movement and add cork floor or products to your home today.
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in natural insulating and sound attenuation properties, and cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option worthy of attention.
- Installation Type: Floating Floor (click together)
- Applications: At, below or above grade; kitchens; basements
- Joint System: Uniclic Edge Presentation: Square edge (seamless looking floor)
- Finish: 3 layers of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Wear Layer: 3mm Cork Wear Surface
- Integrated Underlay: 3mm Agglomerated Cork
- Middle Layer: 6mm E1 Class HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
- Total Cork thickness: 6mm (nominal 1/4”)
- Plank Dimensions (metric): 900mm x 300mm x 12mm
- Plank Dimensions (imperial): 35 7/16” x 11 13/16” x ½”
- Square feet/box: 17.44 sf
- Planks per carton: 6
- Weight per box: 28 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10 years residential wear warranty, and a lifetime structural and joint integrity warranty
- DIBT certificated cork flooring
- CE approved cork flooring
- Safety datasheet
- VOC and formaldehyde test report
- Fast and easy to install (glueless DIY with the Uniclic system)
- The 6mm total cork (3mm top layer + 3mm integrated underlay) makes this one of the thickest cork floors on the market.
- Excellent “Age in Place” flooring option for those who wish to maintain a healthy home
- Traditional Water Based Polyurethane finish means the finish can be refreshed as it ages
- Easy to repair or replace heavily damaged planks
|Dimensions||36 x 12 x 3 in|