Cork Tile – Forna Salami 8mm 18 sq.ft per package
Special Materials Required: Glue down flooring tiles require the use of Wakol D3540 cork adhesive and enough Loba 2K polyurethane to achieve two (2) coats of finish.
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option and you’ve got a contender on the best flooring material known to man.
Salami cork brings a chunky organic “raw” appearance our glue down tiles. The block pattern has an easy to work with palette of oranges, browns, ambers and hints of peach. Bright and fresh, the color scheme will lighten any décor. Salami tiles open areas that feels dark or cramped, and are warm and inviting. Perfect for foyer or kitchen where people congregate or play.
Our 8mm cork tile comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Crème Royale Marble glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Crème Royale Marble glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork products come from the bark of the Cork Oak tree, which grows in places with lots of sunlight, low rainfall and high humidity like the Mediterranean region. Because cork essentially comes from the bark of the tree, obtaining it does not destroy the tree so most cork trees live for about 200 years. Harvesting is done by hand by trained porfessionals and is regulated by law. Therefore, cork flooring is perhaps one of Nature’s greenest miracle floors. Made from all natural and renewable ingredients, cork tile are highly versatile, beautiful and sustainable.
It’s well known that cork has a great ‘memory’ or impact resistance. Put a heavy piece of furniture on it and it will dent, but after about 24 hours, most of the dent will have disappeared. The denser the cork, the more cells of suberin, and therefore the better the performance. Even better, caring for cork flooring is easy. Regular dusting and damp mopping is all that’s required to keep it in good shape. As with all flooring, avoid harsh cleaning chemicals and excessive water. If maintained properly, cork flooring should last as long as your home.
Go with our Salami glue down flooring tiles today. You will not only enjoy the beauty of a cork floor but receive all its benefits too.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner