No products in the cart.
Massive cork Caramel Swirl 11mm Cork Floating Flooring 21 sq.ft per carton
Caramel Swirl is solid cork flooring, also called massive cork. There is no veneer on the top. Only a very small amount of cork floors are “massive” in the market (same pattern all the way through).
One of Forna’s largest patterns is Caramel Swirl. This unique flooring pattern is created by using two different colors of granulated cork (known as agglomerated cork). The traditional color – gold – is created from off-cuts of the wine cork industry. The distinct brown color is created by baking the cork granules a second time. Thus creating a caramelized cork color in much the same way as bamboo flooring is caramelized to create a darker color. In essence, the grains are “baked” a darker brown and then added to the natural gold grains. The grains are then swirled and the pattern is then set.
The dark swirl pattern can run the length of a plank. A well prepared homeowner or floor layer can create a pattern that will run the length, or the width, of the room. This is the unique benefit to this pattern.
- Installation Type: Floating Click
- Joint System: Licensed Uniclic Flooring
- Square Edge Plank (seamless floor)
- Applications: At, below or above grade; kitchens; basements
- Finish: 3 Layers German Water Based Polyurethane
- Wear Layer: 3mm genuine cork veneer and cork top layer
- Middle Layer: 7mm E1 Class HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
- Integrated Underlay: 1mm Agglomerated Cork
- Dimensions: 7/16 in x 12 in x 36 in
- Carton Size: 21 sf
- Planks per carton: 7
- Carton weight: 36.5 lbs
- 25 year warranty (residential installation)
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Industry-leading UNICLIC® profile
- Underlayment not required
- Healthy alternative to carpet
- Insulates against acoustical vibrations and thermal fluctuations
- Stain resistant
- Easy to maintain – no sanding or stripping
- Naturally resistant to insects, mould, mildew due to anti-microbial properties
- Low slip surface
- Excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain