Natural Cork – Logan 5/16″ (8mm) Cork Tiles 18 SQ.FT per package
Warm and toasty, Logan cork glue down tiles bring lush appeal to your feet and eyes. In appearance, these honey, amber and caramel swirled swatches are hand cut and hand laid by dozens of people. Each plank is individually created from scratch. Rich layers of color and movement gives Logan tiles depth and beauty. No two planks/tiles are alike so when laid together your finished floor will move akin to the ebb and flow surface of water.
Our 8mm natural cork glue down tiles comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Logan natural cork glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Logan glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
The raw material used in natural cork floors is derivative from the bark of the cork tree. Cork oaks mainly grows in the Mediterranean countries, and the tree is harvested of its bark every nine or ten years. No tree is cut down as a new layer of bark grows to replace the old. The harvesting process is harmless and cork is definitely a natural renewable resource.
The unique cellular structure of cork is comprised of more than 50% air, thus making it lightweight and extremely resilient to pressure. If you place heavy furniture on it, it will make an impression or a dent, but remove the pressure and the floor will spring back to its original shape. Another feature which demonstrates cork’s durability is its water-resistant property. Cork contains a natural substance called ‘suberin’, a wax type of material that helps make it impervious to liquids. Unlike hardwood flooring, which will rot if exposed to water or liquid, cork will not. Instead cork repels mould, mildew, and invasive insects. Thus, making it versatile and a perfect choice for kitchen and bathroom flooring.
Bring this highly sustainable and eco-friendly flooring material into your home as our Logan cork glue down floor. You will love the comfort and beauty it provides and live happy with the other health benefits that comes so naturally to cork.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner