Light Cork Flooring – Bleached Birch 6mm Tiles 22sq.ft/package
Special Materials Required: Glue down flooring tiles require the use of Wakol D3540 cork adhesive and enough Loba 2K polyurethane to achieve two (2) coats of finish.
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century, bringing with it the textured look of hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is one of the most environmentally friendly flooring options on the market today and you’ve got a flooring material worth more than its weight in gold.
Love the natural pattern of the birch wood oak bark, then look to our light cork flooring Bleached Birch for a perfect addition to your space. Soft and subtle our lovely Bleached Birch glue down tiles present a muted off-white finish specked with shades of grey and the faintest lavender. This excellent floor will look gorgeous, feel comfortable and be well loved. Light cork flooring Bleached Birch endeavors to give a natural feel to your floor, especially if you strive for the beach cottage appeal.
Our 6mm cork glue down tiles comes as 1/4 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, a square-edged design that will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as a single large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our light cork flooring Bleached Birch glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). Since our 1/4 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork, no separate underlayment is required.
This also makes our cork tiles/planks one of the best sound and thermal insulators. A sheet ranging from 3mm to 12mm in thickness can mute sound by 10-40 decibels. Each Logan glue down tile is prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, and are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 11 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 66 square feet.
Cork is made of the soft, spongy, but highly durable tissue found in the bark of the cork oak tree, a species native to the Western Mediterranean region. An average life span of 150-200+ years, the outer bark is stripped from the trunks of these trees once every 9 to 10 years. The tree itself is not harmed. This makes cork products one of the most sustainable natural resources in the construction industry and a major contender for green living.
Cork floors resist the build-up of dust and dirt as they are naturally anti-static and hypoallergenic. This will simplify maintenance and cleaning and also decrease the harmful effects of dust and dander for people who suffer from asthma or other respiratory diseases. The presence of suberin, a waxy substance found in cork, makes these floors impermeable to liquids and gas alike, decreasing the risk of mold growth, wood rot and insects. Additionally, cork is a natural fire inhibitor and will not spread flame.
Easy to install and environmentally sound, our Bleached Birch cork floor is highly resilient and will not deteriorate easily even after years of use. Take on this superlative and economical asset for your flooring requirements.
- Installation: Glue-down
- Applications: At or Above Grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Profile: Square Edge cork tiles
- Finish: 3 Coats of European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: ¼” x 12” x 24”
- Coverage per Package: 22 sf
- Tiles per package: 11
- Packages per carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 66 sf
- Carton weight: 42 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and
Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and AC costs in the hot months
- A natural resistant to pests, mold and mildew and
- Healthy alternative to carpet
- Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner