Glue down cork flooring 8mm Cork – Golden Beach 5/16″ (8mm) cork tiles 18 sq.ft per package
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished glue down cork flooring can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option and you’ve got a contender on the best flooring material known to man.
Every walked on a beach made of gold sand, not coarse but so fine as to feel as if you walked upon a cloud. Well our Golden Beach glue down tile flooring was made to fulfill this dream. One of our all-time favorite flooring patterns, we now have it available in this 8mm version. Updated to accentuate and bring out all the warm browns and tans shades in all their gloriousness, you have the same familiar agglomerated cork pattern, in a warmer and richer floor.
Our 8mm glue down cork flooring comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Golden Beach glue down tiles be installed on a subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips). No separate underlayment is required since our 5/16 inch thick planks are 100% low-density sound absorbing cork.
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Golden Beach glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchen or basement. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
Cork is a fully renewable resource harvested by peeling the bark off the cork oak trees that grows around the Mediterranean countries of Portugal, Spain and Tunisia. Because only the bark is used and the tree is left standing, cork is considered a “green” material. Cork contains millions of air-filled pockets in every cubic inch, enhancing its cushiony properties. These pockets compress under pressure and retain their shape as the pressure is removed. The same characteristic which makes cork an ideal surface flooring material is also responsible for cork’s success as an acoustic and thermal insulator. In addition, cork is elastic and compressible, which makes it very comfortable underfoot and almost impossible to dent. It’s also extremely durable; if properly maintained, cork flooring will last for generations.
Cork has an elegant, natural finish. It is hypoallergenic, anti-microbial and non-toxic. And cork naturally repels insects. It even resists fire and water. This makes cork a good addition to kitchens, bathrooms and basements, areas where moisture contents tend to be higher and more damage prone.
Cork is the perfect environmentally friendly flooring choice for sound reduction and stress crack protection under hardwood, laminate, ceramic and stone floors. Install our Golden Beach glue down tiles for the best results.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner