8mm Cork Tiles – Tasmanian Burl 18 sq.ft per package
Cork has been used for flooring for over a century. A finished cork floor can have the look of textured hardwood, the soft give of carpet, and the easy maintenance of vinyl. Throw in that cork is an environmentally friendly flooring option and you’ve got a contender on the best flooring material known to man.
Tasmanian Burl glue down tiles bring the rich brown tones into your home. Rippling swirls of dark browns blend with a softer toffee tone to create lovely eddies of colors. Fortunately these eddies are saved from mediocrity by the random cuts and divots that give Tasmanian Burl it visual depth. The smooth appeal of Tasmanian Burl glue down flooring will bring a rustic beauty to your floor without sacrificing style and class.
Our 8mm bathroom flooring cork glue down tiles comes as 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in—shaped planks, this bathroom flooring square-edged design will install seamlessly, allowing your floor to appear as one large finished unit. For best results we recommend that our Tasmanian Burl glue down tiles be installed on a plywood subfloor that is clean and level or only on ‘At or above grade’ concrete floors, (Please refer to our section on ‘Cork Tiles Installation Instructions’ for details and tips).
This also makes it one of the best sound and thermal insulators as 3mm to 12mm can mute sound by 10-20 decibels. Prefinished with 3 coats of European grade water-based polyurethane, Tasmanian Burl glue down tiles are ideal for areas such as the kitchens or bathrooms. Packaged at 9 tiles/planks per package, and a total of 3 packages per a carton, each carton can cover a total of 54 square feet.
The cork used in cork floors comes from the bark of the cork oak, which is grown in the Mediterranean, in countries like Portugal, Spain, and Italy. These massive forests are ideal to this area as cork oaks take very little water and human interaction to thrive. The bark is harvested from a tree at nine year intervals, during the months when the trees are in a dormant state. The process is done by skilled workers and does not damage the trees at all. In Portugal where more than 50% of the world’s cork is exported, the industry is controlled strictly by the government. This has helped to make cork one of the top contenders in the building market for being a sustainable resource.
Cork’s benefits come naturally, which makes it a better choice for the environmentally conscious. It is a naturally fire-resistant material due to the waxy substance found in cork called suberin, and will not release toxins if it burns. Suberin also gives cork anti-microbial properties, allowing it to resist mold and mildew. Cork even naturally repels invasive insects like termites. It does not absorb dust and prevents the appearance of mites and, therefore, contributes to protection against allergies.
With qualities such as these backing cork up, you will find that it adds some wonderful features to your home, not just beauty. Go with our Tasmanian Burl glue down tiles and welcome a new chapter in your home flooring experience.
- Installation method: Glue-down
- Applications: At or above grade; Bathrooms; Walls; Ceilings
- Edge Presentation: Square Edge
- Finish: 3 Layers European Grade Water Based Polyurethane
- Material: 100% Cork
- Dimensions: 5/16 in x 12 in x 24 in
- Coverage per package: 18 sf
- Tiles per package: 9
- Packs per Carton: 3
- Coverage per carton: 54 sf
- Density at 20ºC: 650-750 Kg/m3
- Carton weight: 55 lbs
- Made in Portugal
- 10-Year Residential Wear Warranty, and a Lifetime Structural and Joint Integrity Warranty
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
- Very comfortable flooring for a bathroom and kitchen flooring
- Water resistant – perfect for a bathroom
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives. The best flooring options for allergy sufferers
- One of the best insulation products to reduces both noise and vibrations
- Cork´s elasticity protects against and relieves strain on your feet, legs, joints and back
- Natural insulation properties that can help reduce heating costs in the winter and provide a warm surface to walk barefoot on.
- A natural resistant to pests, mould, mildew and anti-allergenic, Healthy alternative to carpet
- A natural resilience and Low slip flooring
- Easy maintenance: Sweep/vacuum and damp clean with pH neutral hardwood floor cleaner