Rococo is replacement of Rocky Bush cork flooring that was Forna’s leading seller. This is a very active floor with tremendous amounts of movement. Rather than taking on the look of a wood floor, Rococo leans a little more towards the famous brown Italian marbles. The black tiger-striping of Rococo adds flair without adding depth of color.
Rococo cork flooring starts out life as a medium depth, amber colored floor.
Some key features of this product are:
- Industry-leading UNICLIC® profile
- Insulates against acoustical vibrations and thermal fluctuations
- Warm and comfortable under foot which allows you to save money on heating and cooling bills
- Reduces noise: keep noise from transmitting down through the floor, or up through the ceiling
- Keep out unwanted heat energy in the summer, keep it in the room in the winter
- Resilient, low slip surface making this an excellent surface for seniors, children or people suffering from arthritis or joint pain
- Impact resistant
- Naturally resistant to insects, mould, mildew due to anti-microbial prosperities
- Hypo-allergenic, repel dust, hair, and other small particles – well-beingy alternative to carpet
- Ecologically friendly – completely natural, recurring, and replenishable material
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Made with formaldehyde free adhesives
- Stain resistant
Info & Guides
- Installation details
- DIBT Cork Certificate
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- Safety Datasheet Cork
- VOC and Formaldehyde test report
Cork has been with us a long time, making its own place among human history. As a flooring cork has over a century or experience, and continues to move with the times. Technology and innovation have brought it into the 21st century as an exemplary flooring material. Cork flooring can mimic a variety of looks and finishes, so it can meet any décor and taste while still giving you its mind-blowing benefits.
Forna’s lead selling flooring pattern, Rocky Bush, has now been reinvented in our newest offering, Rococo. This design pattern carries a tremendous amount of movement. Leaving behind the classic wood floor look, Rococo leans a little more towards famous brown Italian marbles. Born of dark creams, caramels and light beige, Rococo cork flooring starts out life as a medium depth, amber colored floor then imposed with cuts and splashes of dark swirling browns which conveys its drama and depth. Rococo’s striking pattern endeavors to please and entrance the eye with its organic and ever-flowing dance.
Rococo is available as a floating floor application and comes in a square-edged design that installs seamlessly. The finished floor will look like a single unit. For easy installation, Forna has incorporated the Uniclic flooring system, a patented tongue and grove application. This eliminates the need for glue and labor intensive installation. In fact, our floating cork floors can be a DIY weekend project. Also, our floating cork floors can be laid over an old floor without too much trouble! This flooring is available as 36 (35.43) x 12 (11.81) x 1/2inch planks.
Comprised of cork and a HDF fiberboard, each plank is 1/2inch thick (12mm). The surface wear and back layers are each made of 1/8 inches of 100% cork, (1/8 or 3mm top layer + 1/8 or 3mm integrated underlay = ¼ inch or 6mm) sandwiched over a 6mm E1 Class High Density Fiberboard center, for a total of 12mm. Forna floating cork floors are one of the thickest cork floating floors on the market. And it rates as one of the best sound and thermal insulators for its class as well. Rococo is versatile enough to go in kitchens and basement, but not bathrooms. Packaged at 6 planks per carton, each box can cover 17.44 square feet.
Love the beauty and durability of hardwood floors but want a floor that can do more? Then don’t look any further. An effective solution is cork flooring. The cork oak is a species of hardwood, but falls into the category of an evergreen hardwood. So, although it’s classed as a hardwood it also carries some interesting abilities that make it a contender to softwoods too. This difference also makes it a standalone in its remarkable abilities. Derived from only the bark of the cork oak, cork products carry some very distinctive differences from its other hardwood cousins, that allows it to perform on greater levels.
Cork floors are good enough to bring sustainability and functionality to any space. Add our Rococo to your home today and live knowing you are helping the earth.